Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Preparations

What better day to start a food blog than the day before the biggest food day of the year. I love cooking for Thanksgiving though this year it feels like I am overdoing it. I am making the turkey, stuffing, gravy, and pies but it will only be for the five of us, no extra guests this year. V and I will certainly eat our fair share, but the kids, who knows. G will try everything but I have a feeling that A will take one look at the plate and decide not to eat. On the other hand, I love leftovers and can't wait to make turkey soup, turkey tetrazini and lots of turkey sandwiches. So I am sure the 16lb bird will get used up just fine.

The pies are made, the turkey is sitting in the fridge after being brined for 4 hours, and the bread for the stuffing is cut up and dried. I still have a whole list of things to do in the morning, but with no extra guests, if things get delayed or go wrong, no pressure. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

No comments: