Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

The other night I got home from work with the three kids and wasn't quite sure what to have for dinner. V decided to work late. I had printed out this recipe for lemon ricotta pancakes a few days before and I had bought ricotta cheese so it seemed like a great opportunity to make these pancakes. G had fun zesting the lemon and the G and A took turns stirring in the different ingredients.

These pancakes were SO SO good. They were very fluffy and had a subtle lemon flavor. The kids had them with berries on the side and a little maple syrup. I had them just plain which was fine, though I think next time I will try to have them with berries and some plain greek yogurt. I also had added a 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed to give them a little nutrient boost and this didn't change the flavor or texture. All three kids had seconds and thirds.

The recipe made a lot of pancakes; I ended up with about 9 leftover pancakes. They were still good the next day, reheated in the microwave. They were a little more dense the next day but the flavor was still good. I forgot to take pictures this time, but the pictures on Under the Highchair blog are lovely.

No comments: